This is a fresh way to enjoy the Mexican classic chicken fajitas. Serve it in little gem or cos lettuce leaves with chopped coriander, lime wedges, and a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe: Chicken Fajitas Bake
Prep and cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g raw chicken breast or thigh, cut into strips
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 red peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 80g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- leaves, roughly chopped 60ml sour cream
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Cook the chicken, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the same pan, fry the onion and peppers for 6-8mins, until lightly coloured and soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well.
- If your pan is oven-proof, sprinkle the cheese on top and place in the oven. Otherwise, transfer the chicken mixture to an oven-proof dish, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10mins.
- Serve in lettuce leaves with sour cream, coriander and lime wedges.
OurPath Special Tip:
Instead of the ground paprika, chilli powder, cumin and cayenne pepper, you can use 1⁄2 pack of fajitas spice mix from a supermarket. You can also serve it with a small bowl of homemade guacamole or tomato salsa.