This is a really versatile meal that can be enjoyed with hummus or tzatziki, on a wholemeal pita, or with your favourite salad.
Recipe: Spicy Lamb Patties
Prep and cooking time: 45-50 mins
- 600g minced lamb
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (or 1 tsp chilli powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients (except the oil) in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and divide the mixture into four patties. Shape them into flattened balls, approximately 2cm thick.
- On a plate lined with baking paper, chill them in the fridge for 30mins.
- Heat a grill pan or non-stick frying pan over high heat, but not smoking. Add the oil (or just the patties if grilling) and cook the patties for 5-6mins each side, or to your liking.
OurPath Special Tip:
You can also make this using chicken or turkey mince as an alternative to lamb.